In today’s SPIN Author Spotlight, meet romance author Maggie Adams. Maggie is an Amazon Best Selling contemporary romance author. Her first book in the Tempered Steel Series, Whistlin’ Dixie, debuted in Amazon’s Top 100 for Women’s Fiction, humor, on November, 2014 and then again at #61 in 2016. Since then, she has consistently made the Amazon best seller 5-star list with Leather and Lace, Something’s Gotta Give, Love, Marriage & Mayhem, and Forged in Fire. She is also the recipient of the Dayreader Review’s Best New Series Award for 2015. Her series has launched the tiny town of Grafton, Illinois, into International recognition with sales in Mexico, Ireland, Scotland, Australia and the UK.
When she’s not writing, she enjoys traveling (usually just to the grocery store), dancing (around the kitchen to avoid cooking) and relaxing with her family (aka taking a nap while watching a movie). She loves to chat, so feel free to look her up!
1. Describe your books and your writing style.I write romance with an erotic Edge. The men are real men, faulty and yet endearing. The women are intelligent, sassy, and caring. Their dialogue is snappy and the sub characters are quirky and fun. The Tempered Steel Series is loosely based on actual events and set in a real town.
2. Talk about your process. Where do you write? When do you write? Are you linear or do you write scenes and put them together later? Who are your muses and where do you get your best ideas?Lots of questions! Lol. I work at a small desk in my living room during the day because I own a home daycare. I work from my upstairs office on the weekend. I try to have a general idea of the storyline but I let those voices in my head take over and have their way! I like to get my ideas from the world around me. The grocery store, restaurants, the airport, wherever. I’m a people watcher.
3. Tell us about your latest release.I’m releasing books 4-6 of my Tempered Steel Series in a bundle for eBook and paperback. It continues the saga of the Coalson Brothers as they search for the people respond for ruining their family business.
4. What is your current project?I’m so excited to be working on my next book in my Lustful erotic trilogy, Lustful Lies! My lonely widow thinks she’s found someone but his kinky desires delve into dangerous territory for her.
5. Now about you… Very generally speaking, where do you call home?The Midwest USA. I live in a rural country town.
6. As a reader… What genre do you most often read? What is your all-time favorite book, and why?I read mostly the romance genre but I enjoy everything. My favorite book is The Flame and the Flower. It was the first romance novel I ever read and it set me on this wonderful journey as a novelist.
7. What do you like to do when you’re not writing or reading?I cook, I dance sometimes at the same time! And I spend time with my family. I’m a big family oriented person.
8. We all have guilty pleasures. I enjoy boy bands. There, I said it. What is your guilty pleasure?Goofy Romantic comedies. My faves are Beautician and the Beast and Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.
9. What superpower would you choose, and why?Healing. Sorrow, Pain, mental health
10. If you could live anywhere, you’d choose…Anywhere by my family
11. I wish _________________ would read my book.Lexi Blake because she’s my fave author
12. In the airport, you overhear a heated argument between a husband and wife. You:politely ignore it.stop what you’re doing and watch with rapt attention.mention it to airport personnel.tuck it away for use in a future book.
Here are the links to follow romance author Maggie Adams:
Want to know more about Maggie Adams’ Tempered Steel Series?
The Coalson family saga continues with only small clues leading to the person responsible for the downfall of the family business and the ever-increasing presence of criminal activity in their small town. They vow to wreak vengeance on those responsible, but unforeseen circumstances may put the brothers and the ones they love in jeopardy.
Brandon and Nick foil an attempt to assassinate a pretty private eye and her sweet sister. Together with Sam and his best SEAL buddies, Jax and Noah, they vow to bring the ringleader to justice and rid their town of the criminals. But nothing goes according to plan, and the men must fight Mother Nature, a murderer, and the local law enforcement. Not to mention that the new secretary, Anna Meeks, is definitely hiding something, and Brandon is determined to uncover her secrets, and the luscious body she’s trying to hide under those ridiculously conservative clothes.
Lucky Coalson’s luck has run out. He’s been accused of murder and it’s up to the Coalsons and the Morgan sisters to find the real killer. Lucky cringes to know that the very woman who threw him in the river is going to be the one to save him from a prison cell. And feisty P. I. Renee Morgan isn’t too happy herself about it because every time she’s near him, her body responds in a very unprofessional manner.
Although Nick Coalson is attracted to the fiery redhead, Rebecca Morgan, her dangerous job makes her off limits, especially as she is almost killed during their investigation. He wants quiet and submissive, not reckless and determined. But her sweet curves and sexy smile are melting his resolve and his heart. When she is kidnapped by a human trafficker, Nick will need the help of an outside source who wants Rebecca for himself. So, who will come out the victor?
Read the story from the beginning with Whistlin’ Dixie, and meet all brothers and the sexy, strong-willed women that win their hearts. https://goo.gl/j7yUPc